COVID-19 Laundry Industry Updates
Latest Laundry Industry News & Information about COVID-19
The Coin Laundry Association continues to keep a watchful eye on the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic and how it affects laundry professionals and their businesses. Each week, we’ve been posting new information, news updates, and helpful links to keep you informed and to help you to navigate this ever-changing situation.
Rest assured, the CLA is taking every precaution to ensure the safety of our own staff and partners, exercising social distancing and remaining compliant with the “Shelter at Home” order here in our home state of Illinois.
Bookmark this page for the latest news and information regarding the COVID-19 outbreak.
The CLA’s President/CEO Brian Wallace delivers regular video updates to share. Each video is accompanied by a blog post with the latest information. You can read the blogs in the sidebar of this page. Click the video below to watch the latest video in this series.
Be a Part of Our Essential Industry's Association
Now is the time to come together as an industry!
If you aren’t currently a CLA member, please join us to help move this industry ahead.
Watch the latest videos and read the latest news and information on our COVID-19 blog posts.
From the start of this pandemic, the laundry industry has embraced its essential status and the responsibility that goes along with it....
In this week’s update for the laundry industry, President/CEO of the Coin Laundry Association Brian Wallace brings another brief video...
The Coin Laundry Association brings another weekly video and information-sharing article featuring some of the data from our recent survey...
A message from Brian Wallace, President/CEO: All of a sudden it’s May and we’re seeing the welcome signs of spring – your laundries are...
Webinars and Education
In our ongoing efforts to provide up-to-date, in-depth, and helpful information to the laundry professional community, we are also hosting webinar events, usually with special guest panelists. You’ll find the latest of these events below.
- Overview of CARES Act Support for Laundromats – WATCH THE REPLAY
- Best Practice for Laundries Managing COVID-19 – WATCH THE REPLAY
- Guidance in an Uncertain Economy with ITR Economics – Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 2 p.m.
Essential in These States
The following map indicates the latest information we have regarding which states are allowing laundromats to remain open as essential businesses to the infrustucture of the community.
Our mission is to provide our laundry community with the best information and guidance available from authoritative sources – and to do so on a regular basis. CLA has created and curated resources to be utilized during this time. Click the links below to access these resources.
From the CLA
- Wash-Dry-Go sign – English
- Wash-Dry-Go sign – Spanish
- CLA: Safe Laundering Guidelines
- CLA: Safeguarding Your Laundry Business
- CLA: Recommended Strategies for Laundry Owners
- Daily information from MultiState Associates
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application
- Paycheck Protection Program Application
- Interim Final Rule
CDC Business Guidance
From Health Authorities
- Center for Disease Control: Stop the Spread of Germs Poster (English)
- Center for Disease Control: Stop the Spread of Germs Poster (Spanish)
- Center for Disease Control: Stay Home When You Are Sick Poster
- Center for Disease Control Print Resources
- Center for Disease Control Posters
- Center for Disease Control – How COVID-19 Spreads
- Center for Disease Control – Stop the Spread of Germs
- Center for Disease Control – Proper Handwashing
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- John Hopkins University
From the Laundry Pro Community
- Watch the Best Practice for Laundries Managing COVID-19
- Signs by Neal Shapiro
- Friendly Wash Signage JPEG
- Friendly Wash – Disinfecting and Social Distancing Are Important
- Flier from the Laundry Doctor
- From Dexter Laundry: Recommendations for Owners
- From Dexter Laundry: Recommendations for Laundry Attendants
- From Speed Queen: Laundromat Support Assets
- From Blue Kangaroo: Laundry Attendant Guidelines (English and Spanish)