Brian Wallace, President/CEO of the Coin Laundry Association, as part of an ongoing series of videos, presented a roundup of the latest laundry industry news regarding how the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is affecting laundry business owners and their customers.
The CLA is striving to maintain a current list of states where laundromats and other laundry services are declared as being essential businesses.
Furthermore, Brian, the CLA Board of Directors, and other advocates for the industry are putting much effort on the federal level to work with CISA, a division of the U.S. Department of Homeland security, to identify laundromats to be recommended as part of the essential critical workforce infrastructure list. We will continue to lobby toward having CISA’s federal guidance to include vended laundry businesses.
Upcoming Virtual Event
The Coin Laundry Association is hosting a webinar as a panel discussion on Thursday, April 2, 2020 featuring members of the CLA Board of Directors moderated by Brian. Click the link below to register for this event.Register for the Event
The CLA’s 2020 Excellence in Laundry Conference has been cancelled due to the coronavirus. However, more virtual events are being planned currently, so be sure to stay tuned to our email, social channels, and online community.
- The CLA has created a press release template for laundries wanting to promote that they are still open. You can download that here.
- OSHA document: https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3990.pdf
- Link to explainer on CARES Act (also known as the “stimulus package”): https://www.kelleydrye.com/News-Events/Publications/Client-Advisories/Federal-Relief-Package-Includes-$350-Billion-for-S
- Department of Labor resources: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic
- A CLA Member, Rob Maes, offered this letter to be posted for authorities.
Be Part of the CLA Community
This is a time for us to come together as an industry. If you aren’t currently a CLA member, please join with us to help us move this industry ahead by clicking the link below.Join the CLA