Coin Laundry Association (CLA), the national trade association for the vended laundry industry, is closely monitoring Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other appropriate national and local public health authorities. CLA’s top priority is the health and well-being of our members and their customers.Read our April 8, 2020 Update Read our April 3, 2020 Update Read Our March 30, 2020 Update Read Our March 27, 2020 Update Read Our March 23, 2020 Update Read Our March 20, 2020 Update
Latest update on March 20, 2020
Latest update on March 17, 2020.
Initial update on March 13, 2020.
Our mission is to provide our laundry community with the best information and guidance available from authoritative sources – and to do so on a regular basis. CLA has created and curated a number of resources to be utilized during this time. Download the below resources for use in your laundromat.
- CLA: Safe Laundering Guidelines
- CLA: Safeguarding Your Laundry Business
- CLA: Recommended Strategies for Laundry Owners
- Friendly Wash Signage JPEG
- Friendly Wash – Disinfecting and Social Distancing Are Important
- Flier from the Laundry Doctor
- From Dexter Laundry: Recommendations for Owners
- From Dexter Laundry: Recommendations for Laundry Attendants
- From Speed Queen: Laundromat Support Assets
- From Blue Kangaroo: Laundry Attendant Guidelines (English and Spanish)
Contact Your Government Officials
The Coin Laundry Association (CLA) is requesting that authorities designate laundromats as providing “essential services” during the COVID-19 outbreak. These facilities provide a basic public health service by serving millions of families with a safe place to wash and dry their clothes each and every week. We have sent a national press release, and you can read the contents on PlanetLaundry..
We urge you to download the following documents to send correspondence to your local government officials to join us in our request.Download the Template Download the Press Release
The following news articles show that some areas of the country are already deeming laundromats to be necessary as open businesses:
- CBS Philly: https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2020/03/16/coronavirus-update-philadelphia-ordering-closure-of-all-non-essential-businesses-to-stop-covid-19-spread/
- Mercury News: https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/16/read-shelter-in-place-order-from-six-bay-area-counties/
CLA Action Plan
At Coin Laundry Association, our team is up and running and safe – and ready to do our part to guide you through this uncertain time from a laundry perspective.
You may have seen that we have postponed some live events in an abundance of caution and in alignment with guidance offered by public health authorities. It is likely that there will be more postponements in the near future and we will share those decisions with you as soon as possible. As always, our website and CLA Connect Online forum are packed with the resources to help your laundromat become more successful. Our team is already planning for virtual and online delivery of great content – stay tuned for announcements of those programs coming soon.
Above all, CLA is a community of interest among a special group of entrepreneurs. All of us have a very important role to play in this crisis. For decades, the laundry community has delivered the essential service of clean clothes for millions of families each and every week. Now, we have the opportunity and responsibility to help our communities launder their clothes in the best possible environment for cleanliness and hygiene. Clean clothes are a vital part of supporting the neighborhoods we serve and we’ve never been better at delivering that service.
In the meantime, let’s keep the lines of communication open. Use CLA as a resource by sharing your experiences, tips and best practices via Facebook and Twitter. Use the CLA Connect Online forum to share your thoughts with the laundry community.
Questions or suggestions? Please email us at email@example.com or call 800-570-5629.
The following links have been curated to help you, your customers, and your business:
- Center for Disease Control: Stop the Spread of Germs Poster (English)
- Center for Disease Control: Stop the Spread of Germs Poster (Spanish)
- Center for Disease Control: Stay Home When You Are Sick Poster
- Center for Disease Control Print Resources
- Daily information from MultiState Associates
- Center for Disease Control Posters
- Center for Disease Control – How COVID-19 Spreads
- Center for Disease Control – Stop the Spread of Germs
- Center for Disease Control – Proper Handwashing
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- John Hopkins University