Pros and Cons of Building a New Laundromat
August 20 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm$49.00
There are two ways to get into the self-service laundry industry: construct a brand-new store or search for existing laundries for sale in your area. This program will focus on the pros and cons of constructing a new laundry from the ground up and the steps involved from beginning to store opening.
CLA will host successful store operators who will share their experiences in building a new laundromat and what they learned along the way. Attendees will learn why panelists chose to build a new store vs. buy an existing store, how they selected their location and what was involved in constructing the store. The program will allow plenty of time to ask your questions of the panelists.
- Rob Maes, owner, Express Laundry Center
- Colleen Unema, owner, Brio Laundry
- Dan Marrazzo, Owner, Newton Laundry Co.
- Facilitator Brian Wallace, President/CEO, Coin Laundry Association
Topics to be discussed during this expert panel include:
- Managing equipment distributor, contractor and service provider relationships.
- Financing and developing a business plan.
- Finding the right location by analyzing demographics, competitors, etc.
- Understanding the key elements of a good lease.
- Learning the steps involved in the typical new construction process.