The Coin Laundry Association brings another weekly video and information-sharing article featuring some of the data from our recent survey to laundry owners.
CLA President/CEO Brian Wallace shared the information found in this story in the following video. Click on the video to watch.
The CLA issued a survey to laundry owners. Nearly 500 responses were returned when the survey closed on Friday, May 8. We want to thank everyone who offered their information; this survey helps us to understand what laundry owners are going through and how we can best serve the vended laundry industry. Survey results will be shared with those who completed the survey.
Some of the top-level numbers to note:
- 86% of participants reported that there has been a decrease in revenue.
- Owners reported on average that their operations are 32% down.
- 53% applied for the PPP (Paycheck Protection Program), and about 25% of those have received their money at the time of the survey.
- More than 90% have increased cleaning, and almost 60% have required customers to wait in their vehicles during wash and dry cycles.
- 77% want to get best practices and advice from the CLA and their fellow laundry owners.
We are striving to provide more virtual events and other opportunities to help laundry owners to Connect, Learn and Grow. More about this will be discussed further down in this article.
PPP Loan Update
As we mentioned, many have applied for the PPP loan. The SBA has re-opened the opportunity to apply for that loan in late April, and they are still accepting applications. The following new link answers some of the Frequently Asked Questions about the PPP:
Terrific Master Classes for Laundry Owners
Speaking of helping laundry owners, the CLA is proud to host an inspiring and exciting series of master classes by celebrated speaker Michael Angelo Caruso. The first of these informative and engaging business seminars is entitled “Working Under Pressure”, and it begins at 2 p.m. CT this Thursday, May 14. Click the button below to register.
You can get all three master classes for the low price of $99 for CLA members. Can’t make it this week? No problem! We will be recording all of the sessions, so, even if you’re not able to make it, you’ll have access to all of what Michael has to offer.
In addition, here are some of the recent events we’ve had including:
- Webinars with special guests
- CLA Virtual Happy Hour on May 1
- CLA Town Hall Meeting with breakout sessions on May 8
We are also inviting CLA members to join us for our upcoming Coffee & Conversation on May 22 at 9:30 a.m. CT via Zoom. Members can find more information and registration at www.coinlaundry.org/coffee, and an email will be sent to the inboxes of our members with registration info.
Become a CLA Member
Being a part of the CLA is more meaningful than ever! Now is the time to join the Coin Laundry Association or to renew your membership.
- If you are a new member, simply go to coinlaundry.org/joinclanow to learn more about being part of our organization. If you act today, you’ll get access to a free video on “Laundromat Lifecycles,” presented by Brian Wallace (a $25 value).
- If you are an existing CLA member but you need to renew, visit your profile at https://ams.coinlaundry.org/myDownloads and to go “Subscriptions.”
Thank you for your continued support. We hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy!