In our continued resolution to provide up-to-date information about the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic as it pertains to the laundry industry, the Coin Laundry Association’s President/CEO Brian Wallace delivers another video update.
One of the biggest developments during this last week is the CDC’s recommendation to wear masks/face coverings when out in public. Throughout the Internet, you’ll find more and more tutorials on making cloth masks at home rather than purchasing the much needed surgical-grade and n95 masks needed by medical personnel which are still in short supply.
Additionally, the CDC has issued further guidelines specifically for the employees of opened essential businesses such as laundromats who may have been exposed to persons infected with COVID-19. These workers may be allowed to resume their daily tasks at their place of employment provided they:
- Are asymptomatic – they exhibit no signs of illness
- Have had their temperature taken immediately before their shift begins – they have no fever
- Wear a cloth face covering – protect themselves and others with non-surgical-grade face coverings as recommended by the CDC
These guidelines also include disinfecting recommendations. The laundry professional community has been sharing information including where to source cleaning materials and cloth face coverings, and we encourage people to continue to use the CLA Connect Community and the Facebook Group to share information.
The CLA hosted a webinar “at 2 p.m. CT on Friday, April 10, 2020. A replay of this event is available for those who could not attend: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/2066726024607058178
The unemployment numbers continue to rise, and it appears there are more difficult times in the future. To help navigate this tumultuous time, the CLA will host a 90-minute webinar on April 23 with ITR Economics sponsored by Continental Girbau.
For your convenience, here are some links which we’ve curated over the course of the last week.
- Forbes article on PPP: https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2020/04/08/overwhelmed-plain-talk-on-the-paycheck-protection-program-for-small-businesses-affected-by-covid-19/#30e53c081cbf
- Yahoo article regarding best practices for essential workers: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cdc-guidance-essential-workers-during-000356038.html
- National Collaborating Centre for Environmental Health: http://www.ncceh.ca/documents/guide/using-shared-laundry-facilities-during-covid-19-pandemic
Click the following link for more information: https://www.coinlaundry.org/covid-19-laundry-industry-updates/
Join the CLA
If you are in the laundry industry or you are looking to own a self-service laundry business, please join the Coin Laundry Association to Connect, Learn, and Grow with your laundry-professional peers and support our ongoing efforts to advocate and educate.Join CLA Today!