Coin Laundry Association provides another laundry industry update amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Brian Wallace, President/CEO of the CLA, has created another video of this week’s highlights for your navigation of this article’s contents. Included in this is an expression of appreciation from a laundry customer and a plea to remain open as an essential business.
Please register for our upcoming webinar with ITR Economics about the current state of the economy, with a forecast for the near-term and long-term, and featuring specific advice about how to adjust our businesses within an unpredictable economy. This 90-minute program will be held this week on Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 2 p.m. CT, and there is a discount for CLA members.
We thank Continental Girbau for their sponsorship of this program!
Register today by clicking the link below.Register for This Webinar
We will host a 3-Part Masterclass series in May with Michael Angelo Caruso, a dynamic educational and entertaining speaker. You may recall that Michael was to keynote the Excellence in Laundry Conference in San Diego which unfortunately was cancelled due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. More information about these Masterclasses will be coming soon.
Government Financial Programs
The latest relief package has been approved by the Senate and had made its way to the House. It’s expected to be signed by the President by the end of the week. This initiative is important because the funds quickly “dried up” for the PPP program to help small businesses and their payroll concerns.
A few weeks ago, we had a great webinar regarding the CARES Act. You can access the webinar by clicking the following link:Watch the Replay
The following links have been curated this week:
- The CDC provided additional guidance for essential workers: https://www.coinlaundry.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/20200415-SOH-worker-safety-order1.pdf https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html
- Download the Order of the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health Directing Public Health Safety Measures for Businesses Permitted to Maintain In-person Operations: https://www.coinlaundry.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/20200415-SOH-worker-safety-order1.pdf
Show Us You’re Essential with Videos
The Coin Laundry Association is looking for video footage demonstrating how you are serving your customers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please send short (under 1 minute) videos of any of the following:
- Attendants wearing PPE (gloves and masks) helping customers
- Customers leaving with their clothes clean but no folded
- Customers waiting in their cars
- Signs and social distancing measures
- Cleaning of equipment, carts, and facilities (steam, disinfectant, etc.)
Also, can you take a video of you, as an owner, looking at the camera saying “We Are Essential!”?
The video can be taken with a cell phone or a camcorder. Please send raw, unedited video shot in landscape (horizontal) orientation.
You can either place your videos in:
- Our DropBox folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dot1hl1hwj46yzf/AAA50NAnF7TExYn5t4xzSu82a?dl=0
- Our Google Drive folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gy5mxurncCfdb0WBTskdO7vFB30tOzTT?usp=sharing