Earl Nightingale in his famous audio recording, “The Strangest Secret”, states, “We become what we think about.” Napoleon Hill wrote in his book, “Think and Grow Rich”, that, “The way to success is the way of continuous pursuit of knowledge.” Leaders throughout history have explained the difference between those who succeed and those who settle for mediocrity and simply drift through life – those who find success do so through the power of thought.
Highly successful people make time for themselves to do things that inspire thought and propel their business forward. Three important aspects of getting to new heights in one’s life and business include:
- Calming the mind. A relaxed mind is a receptive mind. Worrying about daily struggles, past problems, or future dilemmas puts the brain in a state of confusion. The negative thoughts that can come from a stressed and overburdened mind can leak into the way business owners and entrepreneurs handle their businesses.
Taking walks, exercising, or practicing meditation can lead to not only health benefits, but they can provide necessary opportunities for a mindset towards growth. It’s very important to learn to breathe deeply and properly to calm your body and your mind for at least a few minutes per day. Allow negative thoughts to float away, and welcome positive thoughts.
- Continuous learning. The exceptionally successful are not always winners because of raw talent. Reading, attending seminars, discussing ideas among peers in a welcoming forum, taking classes, and watching helpful video can lead to new neural connections and, therefore, bring to consciousness and subsequent action those steps which are necessary for business excellence.
- Try new things. Life is about experiences. Without testing ourselves and our limits, we become stagnant in our growth. By taking up a new hobby or trying new techniques we’ve learned and putting them into action, we go beyond text-book learning, and we begin to become that about which we’ve been thinking.
- Take notes. Keeping a daily journal can lead to the retention of learning, the development of new ideas, the creation of new solutions to problems, and the letting go of past mistakes. Tip: try writing a SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-Constrained) goal in your journal daily. You may find that life may naturally begin to align to allow you to attain your goal.
- Take a retreat. Breaking away from the “daily grind” at least once in a while is important to you and your business. Being with other people who have a similar interest in attaining relaxation, knowledge, and enlightenment can bring about new partnerships, clearer solutions, and the power of a mastermind – the collective intelligence of a group of people.
A Unique Opportunity for Laundry Owners
Laundromat owners have very specific needs to run their business. They encounter the challenges and the benefits of this one-of-a-kind industry. The Coin Laundry Association has been hosting the Excellence in Laundry Conference since 2012. This gathering of like-minded business owners provides a luxurious and restful getaway in one of the country’s best resorts. Attendees are treated to not only relaxing accommodations, but also education from top-notch speakers who are leaders in their field.
One of the best parts about Excellence in Laundry is that some of the best-of-the-best owners in America are able to meet, network, and share with their brethren laundromat owners as well as with manufacturers and other industry experts. The 2018 Conference will, in fact, feature a “laundry hacks” (like the famous “life hacks” found on blogs and social media) segment which will allow owners to share and learn from each other those special tips and tricks only the insiders know.
The idea of Excellence in Laundry is to help owners to think, and to allow them to take back with them ideas, inspiration, and action items with a calm, well-rested, and confident mind. We hope to see you join us May 16-17, 2018 in Naples, FL for Excellence 2018!
Excellence Home Page