Staff at CLA
Our staff is here to support you and bring you one step closer to your goals. If you have questions, please contact us. We can answer questions about the Association, how to take advantage of CLA benefits and the self-service laundry industry.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Follow Brian on Twitter:@brian_wallace
Originally from Chicago, Brian joined the Coin Laundry Association in 1992 and assumed the role of CEO in June 1999. He earned a bachelor’s degree in communications from Northern Illinois University. A leader in the self-service laundry industry for over 20 years, Brian has led more than 600 educational seminars and penned numerous articles on all things related to self-service laundry management. Brian has served as Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Clean Show – the world’s largest exhibition of laundry equipment and services. He is Past President of the Cleaning & Laundry Association Executives (CLAE) and a member of the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE) and the Association Forum of Chicagoland. In his time “off the road,” Brian resides outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, Ill. with his wife Julia and daughter Beatrix.
- Over the past 10 years, I have flown an average of 100,000 miles per year traveling to laundry industry events and visiting with CLA members.
- I’m a regular attendee at Opening Day for both the Chicago Cubs and Chicago Bears.
- My music collection numbers more than 5,000 albums.
- I take an annual fishing trip with friends in the laundry business.
Danielle Bauer, CAE
Director of Membership and Section Relations
Originally from a small town in Illinois, Danielle joined the Coin Laundry Association in June 2018. She graduated from Northern Illinois University with a bachelor’s degree in marketing and a minor in communications. Danielle has spent nearly 20 years working for healthcare associations, including the American Medical Association, Academy of Dietetics and Nutrition and the American Student Dental Association. Her experience has included membership, chapter relations, marketing, publications, volunteer management and governance. She is a member of the American Society for Association Executives and earned her Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential in 2011. Danielle resides in Elmhurst, Ill. with her husband, three teenagers and their two dogs, Delilah and Benny. She spends a lot of time at her kids’ sports and activities, but in her free time, she enjoys working out, reading and spending time with family.
- I grew up in Dixon, Ill., hometown of Ronald Reagan and I met him twice.
- I enjoy craft beer and trying new breweries around Chicago and in cities I visit.
- I have been to 40 of the 50 states. Visiting all 50 states is on my bucket list.
Christina Gonzalez, MBA
Se habla Español
Administrative & Membership Services Manager
A native of Westmont, Ill., Christina joined the Coin Laundry Association in April 2012. She graduated magna cum laude from DeVry University with a bachelor’s degree in business administration and a minor in small business and entrepreneurship. She recently graduated with honors from Lewis University with her MBA with a minor in international business. The CLA is Christina’s first experience with association life and she manages the association’s daily and monthly accounting, CRM database and supports the CLA’s membership team. When she isn’t busy, Christina enjoys spending time with family and friends, reading and watching horror movies.
- My favorite shows are on the History, Science, and SyFy Channels.
- I would love to travel to Spain and see the city of Barcelona with my husband.
- No shame in loving the 2016 World Champion Chicago Cubs! Go Cubs!
Membership Services Manager & Event Coordinator
Originally from Chicago,Tanisha joined the Coin Laundry Association in January 2015. Tanisha grew up traveling the U.S. with her family until finally making their way back “home” to Illinois in 1995. Tanisha studied business management at DeVry University. Her work history ranges from restaurant to property management. She has more than 15 years of administrative and customer service experience. In her spare time, she enjoys indulging in some of her favorite things – music, poetry, reading and good meal.
- My favorite genre of music is neo-soul, and I also love taking in live music.
- If I could be anything in the world, I would be a journalist/TV anchorwoman.
- I hope to one day be brave enough to skydive.
Follow Bob on Twitter: @planetlaundry
A native of Chicago, Bob joined the Coin Laundry Association in 2002 as the editor of PlanetLaundry. Prior to joining the CLA, he held editorial positions with the Bowling Proprietors Association of America, the National Sporting Goods Association and American Nurseryman Publishing Co. Bob earned a bachelor of science degree in journalism from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He is also a member of the Society of Professional Journalists and the American Society of Business Publication Editors. Bob writes and edits the majority of the content appearing in the association’s monthly magazine, as well as on PlanetLaundry.com – and is responsible for the overall editorial direction of the PlanetLaundry brand. He lives in Chicago’s western suburbs with his wife and their two daughters.
Graphic Design Manager
Originally from Northern Michigan, Jennifer joined the Coin Laundry Association in February 2007. She earned a bachelor’s degree in visual communications from Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Mich. and is responsible for the design and layout of the monthly PlanetLaundry magazine and the twice-a-year Regionals. Jennifer also works closely with the Marketing Director to design CLA marketing materials. She likes to read, travel with her husband, and walk her yellow lab, Barley.
- I’ve lived in 4 different states.
- I used to design rug patterns.
- I’ve walked across the Mackinac bridge, the fifth longest suspension bridge in the world.
Advertising and Production Manager
Originally from Chicago, Nika joined Coin Laundry Association in August 2013 as the Media Sales/Classified Ads Coordinator and was promoted to Advertising and Production Manager in January 2019. She earned a bachelor’s degree in communications from Elmhurst College. At CLA, Nika oversees the production schedule for all print and digital ads, manages classified ad accounts and activates new campaigns for our websites. Nika enjoys taking fitness classes, shopping and spending time with friends and family.
- One of my goals in life is to be able to travel to every state and some of the countries in the world.
- Most people would describe me as happy, outgoing and energetic.
- What I would like to do as a second career is become a mortician and own a funeral home (I’m not a creepy person!).
Marketing & Communications
Director of Marketing and Online Development
Rich hails from Chicago’s South Side. He has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Chicago in visual art and an MBA from Capella University. He has worked in a variety of industries including non-profit, publishing, manufacturing, construction, CPG and eCommerce. He owned and operated a graphics company and received the Business Ledger’s Entrepreneurial Excellence Award in 2008. Rich has consulted dozens of organizations on their digital marketing, has built over 115 websites, and is certified in Google Analytics, Google Adwords, as well as inbound, email and contextual marketing. He lives in Palos Heights, Ill. with his wife (an award-winning music teacher), their three kids, Chihuahua Pixie and their Giant Day Gecko Yoda.
- Percussion is my main “axe,” but I love playing a wide variety of music on guitar, harmonica, Native American-style flute, keyboard and even the didgeridoo.
- While I’ve never been a Scout, I’ve been a Scout leader for twelve years, and I am a “Wood Badger” (my “critter” is the Eagle).
- I enjoy making art, especially drawing cartoons.